Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Did you miss me?!

Hello! I haven't been able to post much since all of my time is spent seeing patients now…like real live patients. Since I had the rare occasion of being in sim-clinic I decided to throw up a few pictures for you to check out. 
We are working on our Cerec module and I actually remembered to take pictures. For those of you that don't know, Cerec is a machine that is capable of taking 3D images and milling a crown in the same appointment. It's pretty techy stuff. Enjoy! 

Impression with heavy/light body. I just like the colors. From here I mounted my models. 
My prep on #28 with HUGE margins. We were told we needed 1.5mm margins on our preps and I think they look ridiculous. 
Using the intra-oral scanner to take 3D images of my model. 
Action shot. 
You take 3 or 4 images and the computer stitches them together to create a master image.  Fancy.

With all of my scans in the computer, I am ready to design my crown and prepare it to be milled. 

Finished crown design. Kind of a wide contact on the distal, but I am satisfied. Next week we will mill our crowns. Stay tuned. 
Thanks for reading! Happy Wednesday!







13 comments:

  1. Nice prep on #28! My first reaction was "Why are those margins so gigantic!?" But then I read the caption haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for great information you write it very clean. I am very lucky to get this tips from you.


    Dental Implants Bridgeport CT

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey that was a cool atuff.... thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really interesting. I like the concept of capturing 3D images using the Cerec machine for purposes of analysis. Laser dentistry is also something that has fascinating technology.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes of course it is a good thing you shared with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for this great information. I am searching for some good dental in Calgary. Do you know where I can find some? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank your for the the great information. I appreciate and respect your point of view.Store Dental Medical

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing nice information this blog. i am very impressed your blog. your information is very important for me.

    Dentist clinic in Chandigarh

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to say you have good knowledge thanks for cool post here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This goes to say that this particular work field does not believe that a mere certificate is enough to gauge the skill and talent of a person.http://techniciansalary.net/dental-technician-salary/. Click here

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing! This blog looks just like my old one! It's on a completely different topic but it has pretty much the same page layout and design. Great choice of colors!

    Dental IT

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm looking for a dental exam in Tinley Park, IL. Could any of you give me some pointers?

    ReplyDelete