Thursday, June 23, 2011

Fashion Forward.




Removable partial dentures are super hip this summer; they are trending on twitter and are hot on the runways. So being the budding fashionista I am, I decided to embrace my inner vogue and began the process of designing my own removable partial denture (well not for me to wear….ok maybe I will try it.) Now for the dental terminology… the RPD above is designed for a Kennedy Class I dentition. We started by carving in rest seats on the distal canines and the mesial 1st PM, then added in the lingual bar and retention mesh. I actually worked with a partner on this exercise, so the left side of the mandible was designed by me and the right was designed by my partner (thats why it looks a tad asymmetric.) I will be designing many more RPD in the coming weeks so get ready. Happy Thursday everyone! (Seriously though, dentures trending on twitter…what a day!)

2 comments:

  1. I have loved reading your blogs! I stummbled across it on another blog that had been shown on the IDA website. I'm currently an undergrad, but am planning to go to dental school! I'm a dental assistant now working for my dad. Keep up the blogs I love reading them and hearing how the freshman year dental experience is. Your making me really look forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me, too! Keep up the good work!!!

    ReplyDelete