Friday, April 8, 2011

Cause she's a smooth obturator..


I have had the "Smooth operator (obturator… when you are doing endo)" song stuck in my head for far too long… hence the title of this post. (Thanks to Brady for inventing that song and getting it stuck in my head after singing it for 4 hrs in sim clinic.) Anyway, here are some pictures showing the obturation of my plastic endo tooth. (Click here to see how I cleaned this tooth out a few weeks ago.) I know I said I was going to show pictures of endo on real teeth, but to be honest it would be so boring. I don't have an x-ray camera so all of the pictures would look like the same. So, I showed my plastic tooth instead. A little less cool, but it does a much better job of showing the process of obturation…smooth obturation that is. Alright! Enjoy!

Remember this cute little guy?! time to fill it back up ^

Finding my Master Apical Cone ^

File coated in sealer. Ready to place in the canal ^

Cone with sealer^

Cone in the canal and using the spreader to make room for accessory cones and to spread the sealer ^



Burning off the excess ^

With the excess removed. ^
Endo procedure complete. ^
All filled up with Cavit. I have no idea why my fingers look like I stirred red Kool-aid with them. Weird. 

1 comment:

  1. cause shes a smooth obturator.... Brielle's a smooooooooooth obturatorrrrrrrr.

    ReplyDelete