Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Shots! shots! shots!

Ooooo yah baby! Local anesthetic! This is the event that has been talked about since day #1… "When do we get to numb each other?"…has been asked about a jillion times. Well April 26th, 2011 is apparently the answer to that question. After a Long morning of pharmacology lectures and a crash course on head and neck anatomy (a refresher might be a better descriptor), we ventured to the D.C.C. (Dental Care Center) to shoot each other up! (not like that… the legal kind.) I must say, I am pretty lucky. I have the most awesome partner in clinic. Not only is he laid back and a talented clinician, but he also lets me take pictures of him… bonus! The afternoon went off without a hitch, and I successfully gave 4 injections (Local infiltration on #12, Left P.S.A, Left Inf. Alveolar Block, and Long buccal injection). All in all, good day. I felt like a Dentist today. A real live Dentist… about damn time :)
The setup: Operation get numb ^

Left IA block ^

Right PSA ^

Left PSA? Left IA? ^



1 comment:

  1. This makes me cringe, worst part of going to the dentist. One might say, "oh dede, you are a nurse, shots should not bother you." I say, screw thay, shots suck. I sympathize with patients, you get excited about it... your sick.

    ReplyDelete