Saturday, March 19, 2011

Oldies but goodies


This is a series of pictures I took awhile back when I first got to prep an "infected" tooth. I didn't know why I took the pictures at the time (I had not started my blog)…but it looks like they came in handy. Enjoy!

The setup: composite instruments ^
The "infected/ decayed" tooth ^
Another view of the decay ^
Accessing the decay. High speed handpiece to reach the decay, slow speed handpiece to remove it. ^
After the removal of the bulk of the decay a liner was laid down. ^

Preparations for inter-proximal access. exciting! ^ 

After restoration with GI (glass ionomer). Looks healthier at least!

3 comments:

  1. I love this blog, it just makes me want to study dentistry even more, I love those little insights about the life of the average dent student that you give us. Thank you so much, please keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had a cavity.
    This post makes me nervous...

    ReplyDelete